Re: Updated patch for Detecting Duplicates in F-Spot

Hi!

On lun, 2005-09-05 at 18:46 +0300, Sami Haahtinen wrote:
> Alvaro del Castillo wrote:
> > What I really would love is to use some minimal information inside the
> > images to take some metadata using some kind of image pattern detection.
> > For example, find the images with persons in them.
>
> imgseek is rather nice that does something like this. Altough it is an
> expensive process to generate the index.
>
> http://imgseek.python-hosting.com/
>
> Maybe some parts of the project could be re-used here. (even though it
> is mostly written in python)

I have played a little with imgseek. The UI is a bit complex but it has
very nice concepts trying to work with photo contents. I am not sure
right now how good it is doing this kind of job, I have played only with
a very limited group of photos and the results weren't very spectacular
using images but they are funny using the draw tool to sketch a form and
see the photos that are more similar to it.

I will include the tool when working in this kind of things. Thanks
Sami!

Cheers

-- Alvaro