Re: aperture

On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 00:22 +0200, Jakub Steiner wrote:
> Howdy folks,
>
> Fresh from the news dept -- Apple has released an "iphoto for pros",
> called Aperture (http://www.apple.com/aperture). One thing I noticed
> straight away was the use of dark colors on the canvas as (just like the
> default o.r.i.g.i.n.a.l. theme, ej?). The next thing was the $500
> pricetag ;)

There is nothing stopping you powerful artists (wink) from designing a
darkroom variation of one of the nicer themes then we could apply that
theme to just f-spot.  The hard part is trying to mix custom colors with
other themes.

> The other noteworthy thing is the looking glass previewing an image at
> 1:1 while hovering over a thumbnail and applying the same settings on
> many raw images with the (lift & stamp). Everything else is a reality
> thanks to larry's fearless raw hacking recently :).

Yeah both of theose are very cool, the settings is probably easier in
the short term than the loupe.  I'll keep pondering the loupe but back to
hacking.

--Larry