Re: flickr and f-spot

Hi!

El dom, 09-10-2005 a las 15:10 -0230, Rocky Burt escribió:
> Alvaro del Castillo wrote:
> > I plan to try to fix/extend the flickr support in order we can use
> > Yahoo! accounts. If FlickrNet supports it, as the release notes say, I
> > think it will be easy to do it. We will have two text entries in the
> > Flickr export dialog, one for use the old auth system (I suppose it will
> > be closed in the next future) and another one to use the new system.
>
> Yes, this will be superb.  As it stands now there doesn't appear to be
> any gnome application that is capable of uploading to Flickr.  And the
> web interface just doesn't cut it for uploading more than just a couple
> of photos.
>
> It'll be great to see this working.

I have it working right now thanks to the great job in FlickrNet. The
process is:

1. You select the photos you want to upload to Flickr

2. The Export Flickr dialog is open with a URL that you must open in
your browser in order to give rights to F-Spot to work with your account
in Flickr.

Something like the screenshots in 4 and 5 steps from the Flickr Auth
process recommended for desktop applications [1].

3. You can start using the Flickr API against your account and now it it
easy to upload the photos.

You can read about all the auth process in:

[1] http://www.flickr.com/services/api/auth.howto.desktop.html

I have to complete the UI and I will send a patch to the list in order
to start working with the new Flickr Auth system. If someone wants to
read some code about how it works:

Test example:
https://acs.barrapunto.org/svn/f-spot/FlickrNet/TestAuthFlickr.cs

FlickrRemote.cs modified in order to use the new auth system:
https://acs.barrapunto.org/svn/f-spot/src/FlickrRemote.cs

Using FlickrNet will enable us to reach a great integration with Flickr.
Kudos for FlickrNet developers!

Cheers

-- Alvaro