Re: CVS Import copies photos to ~/Photos!!

On Sö, 2005-11-20, 12:56, Larry Ewing skrev:
> On Sat, 2005-11-19 at 22:53 +1100, Bengt Thuree wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Just managed to compile the CVS version of F-Spot, and to my surprise a
>> few things have changed rather much, and not to the better I think.
>>
> It only copies if the option is selected in the import dialog,  the
> option is on by default.
Well, for me, as soon as I choose the directory, it imports the files.
(Hmm.. need to verify this at home. Since verifying my rename patch, and a
lot of secondary imports, and not so many first imports...)

>> ==> 2) Second time you import pictures, it re-imports the ones just
>> imported and if you press finish, then you get a lot of duplicates.
>> No way to stop to change some parameters (like tags etc.)

> The duplicate detection patch will catch these cases once it goes in.
Good, but second time around, the import starts directly, and no chance to
stop it and change parameters...

> People had complained that they had lost images because they presumed
> f-spot had made a copy (like it does when copying from removable media)
> and removed the directories containing their images.  So I made it do
> the same thing in both cases by default and added the option to change
> that behavior to the dialog.  I'm certainly open to further dicussion.
Good comment and fixing. Perhaps we can add a target directory button to
the copy button in the import dialog. And let f-spot remember the last
one-five directories you imported to. In the preference. At least the last
one.

--
Bengt Thuree   bengt thuree com    www.thuree.com/bt