Re: Setting picture dates?

On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 16:38 +0100, Derek Vandivere wrote:
> Is there any way to update the date and time stamp on pictures? I've
> got a bunch of scanned in pics for which I know the precise date, but
> can't see any way to set them. I guess adding / editing EXIF tags
> would do the trick, but it seems that the data must be stored
> somewhere, since it takes the date of import rather than the create or
> modify date...

There time is stored in the f-spot sqlite database.  Right now there is
no way change the date from inside f-spot.  The ability to do that very
near the top of the needed feature list but haven't figured out a gui I
like to do it.

If you really want to fix the dates now you could probably do it from
the sqlite shell.  Short of that you'll have to wait for the feature to
be added.

> And is any help needed in terms of documentation or whatever? I'm not
> the world's best coder, but it'd be nice to help out with something.

There is always a need for documentation but since there currently is
none at all I'm not even sure where would be a good place to start.
Anyone have any ideas?

--Larry