photos.db layout stability

Hi, I was wondering how stable the db layout for photos.db is supposed to
be. Are there any plans on trying to keep it stable, or is it a "whatever
happens, happens" kind of thing? If so, that's fine, I'd just like to know
one way or another.

I ask because I am going to develop a Perl module to munge the database. I
have some existing photo management utilities that I am going to integrate
with F-Spot. I would like to release them if there is any chance they will
be reliable. If not, I'll simply hold on to them for my own use.

Thanks for any replies,