Re: Importing photos from Flickr and Web Gallery - Implementation and video demos

Hi!

El mié, 20-07-2005 a las 11:11 +0200, derek vandivere net escribió:
> Hi guys,
>
> I've been working on my own patch to make a dialog with which the user can
> edit the date / description of one or multiple photos. I've got everything
> pretty much working, but I'm not sure if I've really coded it properly
> (I'm new to pretty much all the technologies). My big question right now
> is whether the whole thing should be set up just as a set of functions or
> as a separate object. There doesn't seem to be any real rule if I look at,
> say, the various menu item handlers in MainWindow.cs - some of them have
> massive functions that do everything, some just instantiate a new object.

Could it be possible to include in this dialog a license selector for
the photos? If you don't put a license in the photos, they have all
rights reserved so if you are not the author you can't copy it, can't
modifiy it ... It could be very cool to have a license selector using
Creative Commons licenses and also, other license that people in the
list could propose. I offer my help for the Creative Commons zone.

> Is there a guideline, or is it pretty much 'just make it work'?

I haven't found a guide. I have tried to disturb as less as possible the
actual code and to follow the desing if it is clear. For example, I have
finalle created a class for the Duplicates detection code, called
DuplicatesFinder. You can see it here:

https://acs.barrapunto.org/svn/f-spot/src/DuplicatesFinder.cs

For the importing features, I have followed the current import system
desing that it is clear and I have created the import backends for
Flickr and Gallery.

> Thanks! What a cool feeling to run make succesfully for the first time in
> over a decade (and have it work)!

:)

Cheers