Similar projects

What is the difference between F-Spot and Gthumb? From what I can tell, F-Spot is written in C# and seeks to display all images in one view, rather than imposing a division based on folders in the file system.  Are there fundamental differences that make F-Spot better? Gthumb is already very stable and has a deep penetration on GNOME distributions. Why do we need F-Spot? I don't ask these questions to criticize or belittle F-Spot. Rather, the answers to these and similar questions might serve as basis for an F-Spot "mission statement" or "philosophy" to distinguish it from "similar projects."

--
James Carroll