Re: image hashes

Hi Alvaro,

this looks great.  sorry that I missed it.  I notice you don't generate
the checksum on import and read your discussion on it.  I believe the
overhead for the digest to be acceptable.

I did some tests on my P4 2Ghz SATA box importing my 12Gig of photos.
Using md5sum I clocked around 200MB/s, which comes to about 60 seconds
for 12Gig, whereas just the normal f-spot import took almost 30minutes.
As about 1/3 of this seems to be disk I/O time, 60 seconds represents a
5% CPU overhead.

I'd consider this overhead as pretty trivial, assuming the digest is of
use to people :)

Admittedly I've not considered the difference in speed between the
md5sum tool and the c# md5 implementation.  Maybe that's the breaker.

I also noticed the patch hasn't appeared in 0.1.0.  Has there been any
discussion I've missed on this?  Is there a problem with the code?  Or
with the feature?

thanks,

John.