Updates

So I've been really bad at keeping everyone here informed on what my
plans are and I feel bad about that, so I thought I'd send out an
update.  I've just sent out the release announcement for f-spot-0.0.2
(it was actually packed on Sunday but I'm slow) and I hope everyone that
isn't using CVS already gives it a spin.  There are a lot of new
features from 0.0.1 and it is well worth the update.  Now for the plans.

This week I'm going to try to get printing polished up a bit more.  The
current code in CVS just scales the image to the whole page and ignores
any gnome-print margin settings.  While this sort of works if you play
enough with the gnome-print page settings you can get 4 images to a page
etc, it also obviously sucks.  So I'm waiting on UI mockups from Garrett
for expanded printing dialogs.  I'm sure I'll get to more than just
printing but that is the primary goal.

Several people have submitted patches for bugs and features for f-spot
in the last few months that I've largely ignored because of a lack of
time to deal with them properly.  I'm trying to figure out how to handle
patches better in the future, in the mean time try to bear with me.
I'll be looking over the pending patches in the next few days and try to
update the everyone on their status.

I keep this short for now and send another update to the list soon.  In
the meantime everyone should check out Ewen Cheslack-Postava's lidgphoto
bindings and f-spot patch!

--Larry