Template, tag, move, date and monitor

Some more thoughts on what F-Spot could handle

Template
--------
To enhance the Tag settings of a number of similar photos imported at
different times (vacation to Africa?) F-Spot could have a Tag template.
Select a number of pictures and then apply the template. This would set a
number of common tags. Like for instance
	* Copyright
	* Country
	* Location
	* City
	* Author
	etc

Rename / Move
-------------
I have found that when I work with my pictures I start with putting all
the new pictures in a separate directory. My wife puts her newly taken
pictures in the same directory. After tagging all the pictures I move them
to the proper place based upon the date (Year and Month). Yes this would
mean moving the original photo around a bit, but it makes it a lot easier
to see the new pictures from other programs than F-Spot.
Of course, as I mentioned earlier, F-Spot should offer to copy, move,
rename, the pictures.

Change date
-----------
Occasionally I forgot to change the camera time when I have changing
timezone, and therefore it would be of great help if F-Spot could offer to
change time like:
	* Substract/Add a fix number of hours to each timestamp
          in selected pictures.
		- Relative to current timestamp, or to UTC.
	* Change Year, month, day, hour or time or a combination
          in the timestamp in selected pictures.
		- But leave other timestamp info intact.

Storing tag information
-----------------------
Just to mention again that I really want F-Spot to be able to save all the
information in the original pictures, to enable other softwares to view
them. Of course, to speed up F-Spot, an internal database could also be
used. A syncronisation function should be available to syncronise the
internal database with the original pictures.
For instance, my wife might use a different software to update some of the
captions and stores this information in the picture. F-Spot should catch
that the picture have been modified and ...
	* Offer to show difference
	* Ask for what should be done (show diff, revert picture,
          or update internal)
	* Silently update internal database.
Again, by storing all the information in the original photo, backups are
simplified to only backup the pictures, and do not care of the database.

Monitor picture directory
On other feature could be to monitor one or more picture directories for
new pictures, and if any new picture(s) are discovered which do not
already reside in F-Spot, F-Spot should voluntair to import the picture(s)

I would be more than willing to try to implement this into f-spot, but
unfortunately it would take some time, due to various circumstances
(learning c#, moving to new country, baby etc)

Any comments

Bengt