Re: Gallery 2 (Nice Commits) && f-spot 0.0.2

On Sat, 2004-12-18 at 15:38 -0600, Larry Ewing wrote:
> First off, it is always a good idea to track CVS f-spot. f-spot 0.0.2 is
> quite old now and CVS is much farther along.  If CVS is a little too
> bleeding edge 0.0.3 is on gnome.org and I'll be making a 0.0.4 release
> next week.

I'll wait for the 0.0.4 release than and play with it over winter break
from school.  Maybe I'll try and build a deb.

> The current gallery export code is geared towards Gallery 1.4, I know
> Gallery 2 supports at least some of the 1.4 interface but I haven't had
> time to look into it yet.  As far as static html there is nothing right
> now but there will be in the near future.

OK, I'll try Gallery 1.4.

I;d use a php based solution over static HTML any day, but it's nice to
know that it is in the plans as well.

> Current CVS also has the beginnings of gnome-vfs (currently broken due
> to a marshalling problem) and Flickr export.  I'm working on the export
> code right now so things will be changing by the minute, but suggestions
> for improvements are welcome.

Well, I've been meaning to try Flickr (it's the latest thing, right up
there with gmail and I want to see what all the talk is about) so that
sounds great.

No suggestions, I'm just surprised I get quality software like this that
is quite handy for free.  Thank you for your work.