Re: [evolution-patches] add missing labels to dock items
- From: William Jon McCann <mccannwj pha jhu edu>
- To: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo ximian com>
- Cc: evolution-patches lists ximian com
- Subject: Re: [evolution-patches] add missing labels to dock items
- Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 12:15:45 -0500
Rodrigo Moya wrote:
However, I think we really do want the labels. For at least these few
- all the other toolbar items in tasks & cal have them
- the equivalent tools in the other evo components (delete, print,
etc.) have labels
- you must show labels when Toolbar pref is set to Text only
- you should show labels when Toolbar pref is set to Text Below Icons
- increases target area
- self describing action : important when icon theme is unusual.
Imagine a theme that uses a Home icon that looks like a doormat. What
would that do?
I'll hold off committing...
well, I guess I'll have to approve it then, given all these reasons :-)
Commit then, although are you sure evolution's toolbars follow the
GNOME-wide setting? (I can't test it right now)
Yeah, I guess I heaped it on a bit there. :)
The toolbars follow the settings with the exception of the NewCombo.
However, I think that is harder to fix. We should try to fix it though...
Anyway, I committed the patch.
] [Thread Prev