Re: [evolution-patches] e-d-s portion of addressbook fix for #54528
- From: Chris Toshok <toshok ximian com>
- To: JP Rosevear <jpr ximian com>
- Cc: evolution-patches ximian com
- Subject: Re: [evolution-patches] e-d-s portion of addressbook fix for #54528
- Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 07:07:07 -0800
On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 09:20 -0500, JP Rosevear wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 17:22, Chris Toshok wrote:
> > apple's addressbook puts "PHOTO;BASE64:" for its photos in exported
> > vCard 3.0 vcfs. This is really rather broken. the encoding is no
> > longer called "BASE64" in vCard 3.0 - it's "b". Also, you're not
> > supposed to be able to leave off the ENCODING parameter name. So really
> > this should be "PHOTO;ENCODING=b:"..
> > anyhow, this patch converts the former to the latter while parsing.
> Will this write the encoding back out as "b"? And if so, is that
> something we want?
yes, and i think yes. "be lenient with what you read in, and strict
with what you write out" and all that.
] [Thread Prev