Re: [Evolution] 3.46.0 interface question

On Sun, 2022-10-16 at 19:34 +0300, Tim Ehrenhaft via evolution-list
wrote:
Evolution 3.46.0 (flathub) on Zorin 15.3

How do i get the previous interface back? Can't find a setting that's
relevant.
I'm not talking about preferences for composinig mail.. i'm talking
about the interface ribbon at the top (titled mail, includes the
min/mac/close buttons) that is now arrows and road signs that used to
be text..

It's called "client side decorations" - "CSD". Like everything to do
with interface design and changes in general, it seems to be a bit
divisive to some people.

changing the interface text to icons has severely hampered my
productivity.. i didn't become literate only to have to deal with
cutsie graphics like an illiterate toddler..

I'm curious. Do you read the menu and interface text each time to
decide what to press on or do you sort of just know what you need to
press with only a quick glance at the text?

To me, the "shape" of what is there is the most important - I don't
really care if it is a glyph made up of a "cutsie" icon or a series of
strokes that look like one or more letters. Either way one learns what
the glyph does.  I suppose it depends on how your mind is constructed.
(I used to be able to work with Chinese Windows - I don't know Chinese,
but I knew where all the menu items should be and what the icons look
like!)

And if you consider your icon set to be "cutsie", change the icon set
to something that more matches your sensibilities.

P.