[Evolution] How do you retroactively train Bogofilter's spam / ham filters on multiple computers using existing messages (on an IMAP account)?

Hi folks,

After years and years of not being known to spammers, one of my IMAP email addresses got found, and I'm now slowly starting to get spam on it. That IMAP account does not have server-side spam filtering (because that's a PITA to try to figure out with my host) and I thought I'd simply use Evolution's antispam features.

I read through many email threads from years prior in this mailing list regarding spam filters, and it seems like the usual recommendation (by POC & Ralf :) is to go with Bogofilter, i.e. that SpamAssassin is more for (high-traffic) servers and Bogofilter is better-suited for mail clients as a fine-tuned purely statistical approach to filtering. So alright, I installed evolution-bogofilter and turned it on.

Then I thought I'd be clever and select my many years' worth of ham messages and Right-click, "Mark as NOT Junk", and select the few spam messages I already had filed in my server-side IMAP "spam" folder, right-click, "Mark as Junk", in order to get super accurate filtering from the start by leveraging existing data.

This seems to be working for my desktop computer I'm doing this on now, as the Evolution statusbar gave me progress indications on "Learning new ham messages in [the account and folder name] [percentage complete]" while I was doing that. Cool.

Now here's the twist. I went to my laptop to do the same, and there... it doesn't let me do that at all (those actions are grayed out, even though Bogofilter is installed and enabled there), presumably because Evolution marked them on the server with some sort of IMAP flag I would guess?

If so, is there any smart way to retroactively train Evolution's bogofilter on what is and isn't spam on multiple computers on an IMAP account? Essentially, I want a way to right-click (or anything else in the UI) and "force train as spam/ham" depending on the folders I select; currently it seems like the Evolution UI forbids me from doing that (by disabling the actions, whether in the menus, keyboard shortcuts, or buttons). Am I missing something, or is this ability simply missing, and if so should I file a ticket about it?

Otherwise, in the meantime (or alternatively), is it a smart move to use Unison to propagate the ~/.bogofilter/wordlist.db (presuming that's the one and only file that governs the filter) from my desktop computer to my other computers when I need to?