[Evolution] search in GAL contacts

Hi,

i am using evolution 3.44.4  with evolution-ews on Fedora 36. For a few
months now, the address book has been behaving strangely and
unfortunately I can't say when it all started:

1. With a cold start of the computer and start of Evolution, GAL shows
all contacts correctly.
2. search for a contact "Foo" by "in any field"
3. all contacts vanish and it says: "Search for contacts ..." ... I can
wait Minutes but nothing happens
4. After removing the entry in the Search field, the message "Search
for contacts ..." stays the same for about ~20 seconds
5. Afterwards all addresses are displayed again and i can go to step 2
with the same outcome.
6. After about 5-10 minutes everything is fine and i can use the search
field as expected.

I can also reproduce this problem when I switch to the company VPN (the
Exchange servers are accessible from both networks (internal &
external) via the same URL.)

What can I do to describe the problem in more detail?

thanks
Helge