Re: [Evolution] Logwatch reports segmentation faults in Evolution

On Sat, 2022-10-08 at 11:48 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Fri, 2022-10-07 at 16:44 -0500, Tim McConnell via evolution-list
wrote:
"gdb something --ex r" will just start "something" under the
debugger
and then let it run until it either exists or crashes. It won't
create
any files on its own.

poc
[...]

Thanks for that information. So other than maybe slightly higher
CPU/Memory usage it should be fine just to run evolution in gdb
until
it breaks again, correct?

I would think so. The debugger just sets a signal trap, so I wouldn't
expect the CPU usage to change, as Evo will run at normal speed until
something "interesting" happens.

poc
That's good, it took a week for the segfault to reappear and once again
, I have no way of knowing why. it did it after I had the computer
running overnight. The only "consistent" thing is I'm prompted to sign
into Google Contacts before the crash. Even that makes little sense due
to me having don't ask on this device checked. Maybe because I have 2
gmail accounts it's checking(?)but I doubt that, I'm reasonably sure
Evolution can get multiple IMAP accounts with no problems.
But since it shouldn't be more than just another process to run, I'll
just leave evolution in gdb running until it pukes again.

--
Tim McConnell <tmcconnell168 gmail com>