Re: [Evolution] weird bug: mismatch between the message list and preview pane

On Fri, 2022-10-07 at 18:31 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:

I think that's tremendously unfair. I've used IMAP based accounts for
many, many years and never had any issues with them. They are
infinitely more workable when you use more than one client - I
currently have something like 10 clients on different OS's and lots of
different MUAs and NEVER had any issues. [snip]
BTW, I suspect that these sorts of issues are down to the IMAP server.
[...]

Hi,

maybe I read more about IMAP than POP account related issues, because
more people are using IMAP, than POP. However, issues caused by the
server do count as much, as issues caused by the client.

For my POP accounts I set Evolution like this:

   Edit > Accounts > (Choose an account) > Receiving options >
   [x] Leave Message on server
   Delete after n day(s)

In my case n is 1 day. All other MUAs don't delete the emails from the
server. If I send an email that I need on more than one MUA, I Bcc to
myself.

This doesn't replace all IMAP features for everybody's workflow, but it
works perfectly for me.

Regards,
Ralf