Re: [Evolution] What do I do now? V2

On Thu, 2022-11-03 at 12:53 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Thu, 2022-11-03 at 08:03 +0100, Milan Crha via evolution-list
wrote:
On Wed, 2022-11-02 at 20:20 -0400, Jim Popovitch via evolution-list
wrote:
I offered, and still do offer, to host mail.gnome.org.

        Hi,
thanks for the offer, and even I do not speak for the GNOME admins,
do
not count with it, they are not going to do/allow it.

What about co-moderating the new evo list, wherever it will be?

Speaking of which, as other mailing list(s) are moving to the
freedesktop.org (the network manager list had been mentioned here),
think, and believe, it would be a perfect fit for the evo list as
well.

I tend to agree. Although munging the DNS record would be the most
painless solution, I really doubt that Gnome would allow it as they
would be in effect handing over responsibility for part of their own
domain, at least in terms of perception.

If we can get a Gnome admin to provide a membership list in a format
suitable for upload to Mailman3, I think this is a promising
direction
to go in.

I mailed the freedesktop people a couple of days ago:

https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/sitewranglers/2022-November/013286.html

but have had no reply.

Possibly that isn't the right mailing address, but it was the only one
I could see that seemed relevant. If anyone has more insight, please
let me know.

poc