Re: [Evolution] google workaround?

On Tue, 2022-05-31 at 21:37 +0300, Tim Ehrenhaft via evolution-list
wrote:
The authentication popup provides and empty text box where the
authentication URL should be, and a blank body section where (i'd
assume) notices/instructions should be..

        Hi,
the OAuth2 dialog has few parts, from the top:
- an info about the problem/credential request, with possible error
  message at the end, if that is available - the error can help
- an entry with a URL to be opened - it's supposed to be drawn
  as insensitive, maybe it's a "white" text on a "white" background?
- then a WebKitGTK view with the content of the OAuth2 wizard,
  as provided by the OAuth2 web app, in this case Google.

I think someone had a similar problem semi-recently, but I do not have
a link to it, neither I recall any solution for it, if there was any,
I'm sorry.

Generally speaking, problems with the WebKitGTK can be due to the
hardware acceleration. You seem to have 3.44.2, which does disable it
for the message preview and the composer, but I see the OAuth2 window
doesn't do that. Try to run the Evolution as follows:

   $ WEBKIT_DISABLE_COMPOSITING_MODE=1 flatpak run org.gnome.Evolution

To make sure the new process runs with the environment variable set do
execute first:

   $ flatpak kill org.gnome.Evolution

To verify the Flatpak processes are truly closed you can use:

   $ ps ax | grep evolution | grep app

which should not return any line (the Flatpak apps run with an `/app/`
prefix).

The 3.46.0 will contain a choice to open the OAuth2 wizard in any
browser, which can avoid to use the WebKitGTK/libsoup, which can have
some issues with some pages.

        Bye,
        Milan