Re: [Evolution] Chinese characters shown instead of Swedish at the receiver

On Tue, 2022-03-08 at 14:59 +0100, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
On Tue, 2022-03-08 at 13:30 +0100, Sorin Srbu via evolution-list wrote:
Tested setting Evolution to use html-mail instead.
Then everything looks okay on the receiver's side.

      Hi,
as Andre said, use UTF-8 or other Unicode character encoding in your
messages (Edit->Preferences->Composer Preferences->Character Encoding).

Your text/plain part uses ISO-8859-1, while the text/html part uses
UTF-8 character encoding.

Out of interest, are you sending using SMTP or any other protocol?
      Bye,
      Milan

Thanks again, will try that.

My workplace uses Office365, so I use EWS with those Office365 OAuth2-
weirdness settings and custom tenant, app id's and a redirect uri.
I don't see any smtp anywhere in this particular config.

--

Sorin Srbu, Serverdrift
Tele: 08-524 84166

# They say you can't buy happiness, but you can buy a
# motorcycle, and that's pretty damn close!