Re: [Evolution] Chinese characters shown instead of Swedish at the receiver

On Tue, 2022-03-08 at 11:16 +0000, Sorin Srbu via evolution-list wrote:
I use Evolution 3.36.5-0ubuntu1 with Kubuntu 20.04.
When I send emails to my colleagues they see the Swedish national
characters
åäö (a with a ring, a with two dots and o with two dots) as Chinese
characters.

We use Office365 at our workplace.
My Kubuntu-install is set to use (locale) "sv_SE.utf8".
Plasma, in system settings, is set to Sweden-English (en_se), as this
was
the only way to have the DE showing me english text and menus, while
I want
dates and times to be in the Swedish 24h-format.
Evolution itself uses "Western European (ISO-8859-1)".

You could send in Unicode/UTF-8 instead if other mail clients fail to
properly render your emails (and character encodings you've chosen).

Cheers,
andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net