[Evolution] Evolution doesn't show google contacts categories any more

Hi,
  I have just realized that my Address book doesn't show contacts
categories as it usually did in the past. The contacts belong to a
google contacts address book, that is configured in evo in two ways:

- "Type: google"
- "Type: <email address of the google account>"

and both miss the categories (i.e. the "Categories" field is blank),
in both of these two scenarios:

- in a custom view where I added a "category" column;
- if I open the window of a single contact.

The categories are present, as usual, as labels in the google contacts
web page.

I don't know if I did anything wrong, or if it's a problem in evo
itself.

Running evolution 3.42.4 (3.42.4-2.fc35) on Fedora 35.

Many thanks for your kind help,
Bye
Andrea