Re: [Evolution] emails not closed after sending

On Fri, 2022-06-10 at 21:45 +0800, rob via evolution-list wrote:
So, how to resolve the problem?

        Hi,
it looks like the composer window leaked for some reason. I do not get
this error myself, my messages are sent and the composer window is
freed appropriately. I send the message through Outbox (it's a setting
in Edit->Preferences->Composer Preferences), but even when I turn it
off the auto-saved file is properly deleted after the message is sent
and the window closed. I send messages using SMTP and the sent messages
are saved to an On This Computer sent folder. Do you use SMTP or other
send server type?

That being said, something keeps the composer window alive in the
background. Once it's properly freed, the message on the Evolution open
will disappear.

The auto-save messages are stored at:
   ~/.local/share/evolution/.evolution-composer.autosave-*

Maybe start evolution from a terminal and see whether it prints
anything in time of sending the message. The auto-save is done
approximately once per minute.

        Bye,
        Milan