Re: [Evolution] Understanding the "Free form expression" syntax (GMail-like search with conditional operators)

On 2022-07-27 at 11:39 -0400, Jeff wrote:
if I use the regular "Subject or Addresses contain" search mode, I
can easily find either anything that came from Marjorie, or I can
find everything related to Trello (simply by searching "trello"), but
not both at the same time since that search mode does not support
conditional operators as far as I know. Hence my (so far
unsuccessful) attempt at using the "Free form expression" search
mode.

You don't need the Free form expression for this.
Instead of providing a single expression in that search, click on the
magnifying glass and open Advanced search.
On 'Find items which match' select 'any of the following conditions'
Click Add conditions as many times as you need, and fill the boxes.
That way you can have a condition of Sender contains Marjorie and a
second condition of Sender contains Trello.

As for your problem with the Free form expression, they use a prefix
notation, not infix. You would need
   or:(f:trello f:marjorie)

Regards