Re: [Evolution] Need filenames and comment for moving 8 years of Evolution mail to brand new flathub Evolution

Hi,

On Mon, 2022-07-25 at 22:32 -0700, Lee McKusick wrote:
I need a link to detailed instructions to find an Evolution email file
system that has "28 fields" and make it into an archive.

I do not think so.
This strongly sounds like an XY problem: https://xyproblem.info/

To fix my sound software problem, I decided to upgrade to the Ubuntu
22.04 a release candidate. Bad idea. I rolled back the entire system to
Ubuntu 18 and that Evolution 3.28.1-2 gave me an error message "import
failed found 28 fields expected 30.

Evolution's data structure is not necessarily backwards compatible.
Thus I assume that some database scheme has changed between versions.

You can either go back to E3.28/U18.04 and use the latest Evolution
backup file that you created from/in/with that very Evolution version.

Or you could use E3.44/U22.04 and not run into this problem.
If I understand correctly. (Because it remains unclear which steps you
performed in which order with data in which location - local, backup?)

Cheers,
andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net