[Evolution] Syncing a new Android phone - Gnome Evolution Contacts/Addressbook & Calendar - some progress

Reposting from the SyncEvolution list:

Greetings,
Because I was required to upgrade to a 5G phone, in November I acquired a Samsung A52 replacing my Samsung S7.

Almost everything was transferred correctly, except what seemed to be the addressbook and calendar.

I had been using SyncEvolution and MemoToo (a cloud service), and MemoToo's phone app to move the calendar and addressbook data to the phone, using Evolution on my computer to manage the data.

On the phones I use the default installed Samsung Contacts and Samsung Calendar apps.

At first, I reported that neither Memotoo addressbook nor calendar data were visibile to the Samsung apps on the new A52 phone.

Correction: the data is visible to Samsung Calendar, including the birthdays of people in my addressbook data.

What's still not visible is the addressbook data.

As it turns out, it's a difference in the features to the Samsung Contacts (ver 3.28.27.11) on the S7 phone, and the Samsung Contacts on the A52 phone (ver 12.7.05.26).

ver 3.28.27.11 has the feature: Settings -> Contacts to Show where you can individually select which accounts' addressbook to show; in this case, Memotoo's. Other choices that appear are things like the contacts in Signal, WhatsApp, Outlook, etc.,

ver 12.7.05.26 on the A52, as best I can tell, does not have this feature, and hence, the addressbook data that I want/need to show is unavailable.

When I first reported this issue, the suggestions made included the use of different apps (e.g. NextCloud) or services.

Now, I thought that possibly I could install a different Contacts manager; of the ones I found (so far, and which seem to have considerable popularity), I have installed Contacts+, SimpleContacts, and Google Contacts. None of these three has a "contacts to show" feature that would directly allow me to access specific account data.

At this point, I'm turning again to the SyncEvolution community for advice:
 - is there a Contacts app that allows specific account access?
- should this issue be raised with Samsung (there are some forums and feedback mechanisms that Samsung provides); ver 12.7.05.26 does have a "Contact Us" feature
 - or other approaches to solving this -

A little more: ver 12.7.05.26 of Samsung Contacts has a "Manage Contacts" menu; Manage Contact -> Import or Export contact -> Import has two options:
From "Phone or Cloud Storage" or From "SIM Card." Is this an acceptable
option? Does someone have experience with this or other options under "Manage Contacts"

Adding: from ver 12.7.05.26 menu (three bars), there is "All Contacts;" tapping that shows a breakdown of different addressbooks on the phone, but it doesn't show the MemoToo addressbook.

Much thanks,

Max Pyziur
pyz brama com