Re: [Evolution] Bogofilter - something's not right

On Wed, 2022-02-16 at 17:29 -0500, Reid Vail via evolution-list wrote:
I thought that when I marked them as junk in the inbox, and they are
moved to the Spam directory, that was enough.

        Hi,
yes, it's usually enough. I say usually, because marking as junk can
learn the junk filtering software about spam and also move to a real
Junk/Spam folder (as in your case), which the server itself can treat
specifically (some servers use server-side spam filtering and they
learn it through the Junk folder).

In any case, Bogofilter (and any other spam filtering software) needs
training, both with spam and with ham.

I've selected "check incoming messages for junk".  There
is no option to select a Bogofilter plugin.

It's in Edit->Preferences->Mail Preferences->Junk tab. An option to
select which plugin to use is there only if there is more than one junk
filtering plugin installed. Otherwise the only one installed is used
automatically.

        Bye,
        Milan