Re: [Evolution] Evolution backup & restore error on 3.44-1

On Sat, 2022-08-13 at 10:48 -0400, Reid Vail via evolution-list wrote:
I've used GRSYNC to backup and restore as much data as possible from
an
old desktop to a newer laptop.  In the process I tried to use the
Evolution backup/restore utility. Have successfully used it before.
Trouble this time is that restore fails, reporting that the backup
file is not readable.

What is the exact error message?

I wasn't aware of grsync, but I note that it currently doesn't support
all of rsync's features. That may or may not be a clue.

I also don't understand why you used both a sync tool and the Evo
backup/restore. If you synced the entire home directory, using
Backup/Restore is redundant.

poc