Re: [Evolution] Calendar event updates don't update reminders

On Mon, 2022-07-25 at 09:33 -0400, Matt Connell wrote:
It is, in fact, an EWS calendar.  Glad to know I'm not alone in the
experience though.

        Hi,
the evolution-alarm-notify process does all the reminders for the
Evolution (and the system as such, when it comes to it). You can
restart it to see what it does, even with enabled debugging:

   $ EAN_DEBUG=1 ERW_DEBUG=1 \
       /usr/libexec/evolution-data-server/evolution-alarm-notify \
       --gapplication-replace

It's quite chatty, especially in the 3.44.x version.

It would help to know exact steps for a reproducer (in the current
stable version), the last time I tried it worked fine. Every detail
matters, speaking of recurring or non-recurring events and so on. I
suppose you did all changes in the Evolution, thus the calendar doesn't
provide stale data from its local cache (in which case a Refresh of the
calendar is needed to get the latest data from the server).

If you can reproduce with 3.44 and you have the steps, the best is to
open a bug at:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution-ews/-/issues/new
It can be moved elsewhere, if it'll turn out to not be evolution-ews
related.

evolution 3.46 will have some fixes regarding reminders, see
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution-data-server/-/issues/234
but I'm not sure if it will solve this issue.

I'm afraid it won't help here. That bug is to not fill the GSettings
with the past reminders, when the user doesn't use the Reminders window
to dismiss them.

        Thanks and bye,
        Milan