[Evolution] Evolution does not start with "No such device or address" from bwrap

Hi all,

Since yesterday, I've been experiencing issues with Evolution on Debian 11 not being able to start up
(correctly?). Before that, I have been able to start up Evolution successfully. The behaviour seems to be
similar to something that was sent to this mailing list a month ago (->
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2022-March/msg00053.html), but the error message is different.

Whenever I attempt to start it from the applications list in GNOME, the cursor switches to the "busy" variant
for about half a minute, but then returns to normal without anything happening. When started via terminal, I
receive the following output:

  bwrap: Can't create file at /run/user/1000/at-spi/bus_0: No such device or address

I have checked if this file file exists, and found that it is a socket with permissions set to 777:

  $ ls -Al /run/user/1000/at-spi/bus_0
  srwxrwxrwx 1 user user 0 Apr  4 05:34 /run/user/1000/at-spi/bus_0

I'm not sure if this is how it's supposed to look, though, as I'm not familiar with the purpose of this
socket or what Evolution/Bubblewrap is attempting to do here.

Occasionally, I also receive error messages from GLib which complain about Evolution not having unregistered
from D-Bus, but I assume these are related to me Ctrl+C-ing the application after approx. 2 minutes. If I use
the command...

  evolution --force-shutdown

...after I have tried to start Evolution up, I receive the feedback that the "Evolution process exited
normally" and the following execution of Evolution in the terminal does not show the GLib error message.

I have already attempted the following to resolve the observed behavior:
  - Uninstall apparmor temporarily to ensure that it's not trying to sandbox Evolution or one of its
sub-processes. Reboot.
  - Uninstall and purge the configuration of at-spi2-core, then reinstall it alongside the evolution package.
Reboot.
  - Stop Evolution. Rename the directories .local/share/evolution and .config/evolution as well as remove the
.cache/evolution directory. Start Evolution.
  - Run evolution as root, in case it's a permission problem. This only changed the file path bwrap complains
about to /root/.cache/at-spi/bus_0.

The installation uses the evolution package from Debian bullseye-backports. As far as I can tell, it's not a
Flatpak or Snap installation, as no packages with either flatpak or snap are installed on the affected
system. The versions of Evolution as well as its dependencies used are as follows:

  dbus                        1.12.20-2
  evolution                   3.38.3-1
  evolution-common            3.38.3-1
  evolution-data-server       3.38.3-1
  libc6:amd64                 2.33-7
  libcamel-1.2-62:amd64       3.38.3-1
  libclutter-gtk-1.0-0:amd64  1.8.4-4
  libecal-2.0-1:amd64         3.38.3-1
  libedataserver-1.2-25:amd64 3.38.3-1
  libevolution                3.38.3-1
  libglib2.0-0:amd64          2.66.8-1
  libgtk-3-0:amd64            3.24.24-4+deb11u2
  libical3:amd64              3.0.9-2
  libnotify4:amd64            0.7.9-3
  libsoup2.4-1:amd64          2.72.0-2
  libwebkit2gtk-4.0-37:amd64  2.34.6-1~deb11u1
  libxml2:amd64               2.9.10+dfsg-6.7+deb11u1
  psmisc                      23.4-2

Just in case this is relevant, here's also some general information about the affected system:

  OS: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye) x86_64
  Kernel: 5.16.0-0.bpo.4-amd64
  DE: GNOME 3.38.6
  WM: Mutter
  CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H
  GPU: AMD ATI 04:00.0 Renoir
  Memory: 15480MiB

Any suggestions regarding what I could check or do to resolve this behaviour would be much appreciated.

For your information: I am not subscribed to this mailing list, so please send any replies to me directly
(ideally with a CC to the mailing list).

Thank you for your time.

--
Felix Fröhlich