Re: [Evolution] Return to Evolution defaults?

On Sat, 2021-10-09 at 22:21 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
On Sat, 2021-10-09 at 13:07 -0400, lar3ry sasktel net wrote:
Is there a way, short of uninstalling/reinstalling Evolution, to
return to the defaults?
Reinstalling will specifically NOT do what you want. Reinstalling the
program will not touch the user configurations.

Yeah, I figured that, though I thought a purge might get rid of
everything. No matter, because I am all good now.

There's no specific "loose all my configuration" commands, but you
could probably do what you need by deleting the Evolution config and
data.
You don't say which version of Evolution you have, but the data
storage locations are in the app Help and on-line for the various
versions.  Make sure evolution and all the associated programs are
shutdown before you do this, including evolution-data-server and the
various factory executables.
An example of the sort of things you need to do is here:
but I can not stress enough that the specific locations are dependent
on the Evolution version.

Yes, that did the trick. I double-checked the locations, deleted them,
fired up Evolution, went through the setup, and restored my backups.
All good now.

Thanks!