Re: [Evolution] automatic s/Mime encryption

I understand the "encrypt all" setting and the reason for it to throw the error back. That much makes sense.

But couldn't it check well before sending? Or if I specifically say "encrypt if possible" then I am specifically taking the stand that if I can't encrypt to a person then I don't care and send it any way?

Personally, I almost never do group emails, but it would be nice to email people that can receive encrypted email with encrypted email but I am normally not concerned if I cannot encrypt and I don't want to turn it on and off for every individual email.

Less secure, not really. Because if I had something sensitive that must be encrypted, I could still use the options menu to force encryption on and it would work just as it does now. But if it is in the "if possible" mode it would try to encrypt and if it cannot then yes, it would silently send unencrypted because I would do that anyway 99.9% of the time.