Re: [Evolution] Reply often loses a chunk of the mail trail

On Thu, 2021-04-22 at 15:29 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
        Hi,
it really only helped to reproduce it, at least for me. It didn't
help
at all for some other users. What you might ideally do is to apply
the
fix:

   $ cd /tmp/
   $ wget
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/-/commit/6a7df753b5e.patch -
O evo.patch
   $ cd /usr/share/evolution/webkit/
   $ sudo patch -p3 </tmp/evo.patch

Press enter twice to acknowledge the test-html-editor-units-bugs.c
cannot be found. Then run Evolution as a regular user.

Hi

I have applied the patch, however, it seems not to have helped.  Just
to repeat what's happening:
- I'm on evolution-3.38.4-1.fc33.x86_64
- I write messages using HTML
- When I reply, my messages go on TOP (sorry), and the reply setting is
to "Inline Outlook Style".
- Keep signature above original message is set.
- I receive a message from a client - they use Office 365.  Call this
message "A".
- I reply to the client, and my message is on top with my signature.
The entire mail is then made up of message "B" (ending with my
signature) and then message "A".
- I then want to reply TO MY REPLY in order to add more information and
not lose the flow of the messages, but when I click reply, everything
from my second signature on is lost.  In other words, my previous reply
is there, just without the signature, and my new message starts at the
top, with my signature shown there.
- So as I hit reply, the entire mail is then made up of message "C"
(with my signature) and then message "B" (with no signature, or the
dashes when it starts).  Message "A" is dropped along with my signature
from message "B".

In the past, this would always have given me message "C", message "B"
and message "A".

I hope I've described it well enough.

Thanks,
Louis