[Evolution] Unable to print to file

I am sure I have done this in the past, but at the moment I am unable
to print to a file (pdf, postscript, svg - does not matter) in either
3.40.1 (Mageia 9) or 3.38.3 (Mageia 8), both from rpm packages.

In both cases a message appears saying that the file or directory does
not exist. Even creating an empty file to be overwritten produces the
same message.

In Evo 3.40 there is a suggestion that perhaps other options need to be
chosen, but I don't see anything in the configuration that might affect
this. What am I/Mageia/Evo doing wrong?

Thanks,
Roy