Re: [Evolution] No data source found for UID “8ea059fe1c3d74abd4698ccdf3bbd12269378c04”

On Mon, 2021-03-15 at 10:49 +0100, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
On Sat, 2021-03-13 at 10:42 +0100, Keith Barber wrote:
Any ideas what is going on with this message and how to
rectify the problem?

	Hi,
there is something referencing the UID in the data files. It might not
be directly related to the mail or any mail indexes. Search content of

   ~/.config/evolution/sources/
   ~/.cache/evolution/sources/

where (at least) one of the .source files may contain the
"8ea059fe1c3d74abd4698ccdf3bbd12269378c04" (quotes for clarity only).
Depending on what the source's content is, you either remove the file
or do something else with it. It really depend what it is for. For
example, I had some disk failure or something recently, which broke the
content of the .source files (one of the visible issues). I
fixed/removed those broken files manually.

Another option can be that it was some source you've set in the
settings and it had been removed, thus it cannot be found now. Try to
run this from a terminal:

   $ dconf dump  /org/gnome/evolution/ | grep 8ea059fe1c3d74abd4698ccdf3bbd12269378c04
   $ dconf dump  /org/gnome/evolution-data-server/ | grep 8ea059fe1c3d74abd4698ccdf3bbd12269378c04

to see whether it'll match on anything. If it will, then change the
option to "something else".

Please, let here know whether there was any hit from the above. I'd
like to know what causes the trouble. Thanks in advance.
	Bye,
	Milan

Thank you Milan, that gave me the clue I needed.  (I need to say I'm
very far from being a techie, so I sometimes struggle when things throw
up unexpected problems, so I'm grateful for this help.)

It turns out the missing item was not a file but a directory, and
located in both
~/.local/share/evolution/mail
and
~/.local/share/Trash/files/mail.
Both contain a file named folders.db.
It might be that this is associated with my having initially tried to
set up a POP3 account for one of my accounts, then deleted it when the
IMAP account I replaced it with worked.

So far I've renamed the directories just in case there's a problem (new
name completely unrelated to anything Evolution might search for, I
hope) and it seems to have solved the problem. If I get no further ill
effects I'll try deleting both entirely a little later.

Hope that's useful to you, thanks again.

Best wishes,
Keith Barber
(he/him)