Re: [Evolution] icon to right of mail account name

From: Milan Crha via evolution-list
Sent: Monday, March 1, 2021 02:58
To: evolution-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Evolution] icon to right of mail account name

        Hi,
the calendar and contacts are basically independent of the mail part.
The online/offline button influences only the mail part. You can have
Evolution online, still there can be an issue to reach the destination
address of respective accounts, which is indicated by the icon beside
the account name. Why that misbehaves for you in the mail part, but not
in the others, I do not understand. Reachabily check depends on glib2
functionality, which depends on other means.

They should work consistently. If you want to workaround that, go to
Edit->Preferences->Network Preferences and change the "Method to detect
online state" to "Always Online". You can see proxy settings here as
well, in case you've any proxy set for this.
        Bye,
        Milan

Thank  you, Milan. The offending icon appeared next to mail, calendar and contacts. No matter, I’ve since abandoned KDE Neon which I was hoping would be an interesting way to keep in touch with Plasma just for the fun of it. Evolution has worked well in every distro I’ve ever tried. Manjaro Gnome is my main system and there are no issues there.

I’m done with this. Appreciate your and Andre’s responses.

Steve