[Evolution] Inline/quoted forwarding problems with HTML messages

Evolution ver: 3.40.1

When attempting to forward an email with an HTML part, Evolution stops
responding.  I have to kill the program with pkill/taskmanager and
relaunch it.

This only happens when forwarding the message inline, or quoted.  I can
forward the HTML message as an attachment without issue.  This leads me
to suspect it might be webkit-gtk related.

How can I best troubleshoot this?  My search-fu is coming up short.

Thanks for your time.