Re: [Evolution] Linking to Help topics

On Wed, 2021-07-28 at 14:02 +0200, Andre Klapper via evolution-list
wrote:
On Wed, 2021-07-28 at 12:56 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
Frequently the best answer to a question on this list is to refer
Evolution's built-in Help, but doing so means laboriously copying
the
instructions for getting to the right topic.

It would be useful to be able to provide direct URLs to these Help
topics. I know they are on the web, but getting to them is an
entirely
separate process from looking at the built-in Help.

Possible alternatives:

1) Have "internal" links directly interpreted by the Evo Help
widget.
Downside: links would only be useful when running Evo.

2) Use conventional URLs and assume the user has a web browser.
Downside: URLs embedded in emails could become out of date if the
Help
database changes.

Does anyone else think this is something worth pursuing?

#1 sounds like additional maintenance costs. I'd prefer #2 as I don't
plan any bigger user docs changes, however that's not great either
due
to https://gitlab.gnome.org/Infrastructure/library-web/-/issues/50

Sounds reasonable, though I don't understand enough of the bug report
you refer to.

poc