Re: [Evolution] Using office 365 without an App Password

But on my new job the IT department does not allow App Passwords for
security reasons. So my question is: Is it possible to use Evolution
without an app password ?
2 factor authentication is enabled also.

Yes, I use Office365 with MFA on Evolution without any problems.  You
will get a window that will prompt for your password and then wait for
the 2nd factor to be authorised.  Once it is approved it just functions
as normal.

If the autoconfiguration of the account details doesn't work then you
may need to supply the TenantID and AppID but I think these days just
selecting the correct authentication type (i.e. Office365 OAuth2)
should work.  If no one else in your work has used Evolution then the
admins may need to enable the Evolution AppID. (But I'm no Microsoft
person, so I may be wrong!)

P.