Re: [Evolution] Auto Select First Message in List

On Fri, 2021-07-09 at 10:57 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
That's not what I see. If I select a different folder and do nothing
else, one message is highlighted but not selected. The arrow keys
move up and down the folder list instead of the message list.

        Hi,
I rally meant when I run Evolution, not when moving between folders,
aka right after start in the Mail view.

I can imagine people moving between folders "approximately", like I
know my folder starts with 'f', then I go there and then move up/down
to the "fine" folder between other 'f' folders. Changing focus to the
message list would disallow it.

The left/right keys are tricky, even they make sense, because they are
also used to expand/collapse the folder, when a Shift key is held down.

What about the Enter key? That feels like a good candidate. When
pressed while being in the folder tree, 'enter' the folder by moving
focus to the message list.

Not that it's any different from Ctrl+G, but I see it doesn't change
the focus to the message list either, even it should/could.
        Bye,
        Milan

P.S.: once things are clear, a bug report would be welcome