[Evolution] evolution fails to receive mail

I am using version 3.38.3-1.  That is the version number in Devuan.

I first noticed this problem a day or so ago.  What happens when I open up evolution is it seems to hang and
eventually
the popup requesting showing I need to resend my login credentials with the password slot empty.  I resend
but the IMAP
server never seems to receive the password.  It just requests it over and over again until evolution reports
that the
IMAP server has severed the connection because it has been idle too long.

I have used wireshark to look to see if there is network communication between my laptop and the server and
there is
communication both ways.

This all started with some very odd behavior in the communication sent from evolution.  Evolution was sending
to a url
that was corrupted and a corrupted username.  Instead of sending to my isp's url mobile.charter.net it was
sending to
mobile.charter.net.mes.erf.wux.ddd .  The last three subnets after .mes I cannot remember but I do remember
the .mes
came after the .net and four subnets after that.  So I went in and redid all the entries in Preferences for
my account
including the server url, my user account name, ports, etc....  The corrupted url was now corrected and so
was the
corrupted user name.  But the same pause in downloading mail was still happening.  I rebooted my computer and
afterwards
evolution downloaded my mail one time and then went back to the same behavior.

I can send mail.  I emailed myself and using my browser to access the IMAP account I can see the email I sent
myself.
But, when I reopen evolution it thinks the email was not sent as it opens the compose page of the email that
I just had
sent.  And I am sending this email using evolution.

I need some help in figuring out what has happened.  I think something has gotten corrupted but I've been all
through
the /home/username/.config/evolution files I can find and read but can't find anything relating to sending
authentication to a server.