Re: [Evolution] Emojis/icons in subject line

On Fri, 2021-01-15 at 18:33 +0000, Douglas Summers via evolution-list
wrote:
(LM 20.1, Evolution 3.36.4)

I used to get pictures of icons/emojis in the subject lines of certain
emails, but now all I'm getting are weird boxes with numbers in them.
Here's an example:

📦 (this is displaying as an outlined box with '0 1 F' on the top line,
'4
E 6' on the bottom)

Is this part of a font that I may not have? I recently switched all of
my
default fonts to Bitstream Vera Sans/Mono, removed all of the Noto
fonts.
I checked this symbol with Character Map, and it's showing this box as
part of the Common script.

OK, it's working now. I installed fonts-symbola, ttf-ancient-fonts-
symbola, fonts-opensymbol, and fonts-emojione. The only remaining question
is why did this work before? I've never had any of these fonts installed.