Re: [Evolution] Replies to emails with attachments take forever to open (EWS)

On Thu, 2021-01-07 at 09:36 +0100, Axel Lieber wrote:
What can I do here?

        Hi,
it would help to know what it is waiting for. Messages in EWS, once
viewed, are stored in a local cache, similarly to IMAP messages, thus
regardless of the account type it should take similarly long, whether
the message is replied to from an IMAP, On This Computer or EWS folder.

Could yo install debuginfo (dbg) packages for evolution-data-server,
evolution, evolution-ews, gtk3 and glib2, please? If I recall
correctly, Ubuntu has them split into many subpackages, which is a pita
when one wants to install them all. Maybe there's a command to do it,
but I do not use Ubuntu, thus I do not know. I'm sorry.

Once you've the debuginfo packages installed you can get the backtrace
with command like this:

   $ gdb --batch --ex "t a a bt" --pid=`pidof evolution` &>bt.txt

Please check the bt.txt for any private information, like passwords,
email addresses, server addresses,... I usually search for "pass" at
least (quotes for clarity only).

By the way, does any process a lot of CPU when waiting for the
composer? Is Evolution anyhow frozen during this waiting period?

        Bye,
        Milan