Re: [Evolution] Evolution Mail stopped working

On Mon, 2021-01-04 at 13:05 +0100, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
On Mon, 2021-01-04 at 12:35 +0100, Sorin Srbu via evolution-list wrote:
Yupp, the application and tenant-IDs etc?

      Hi,
right, all those things. The page offers some defaults, you can try
them (if you are lucky, the Application ID from there will work; if
not, you can ask the admins to allow it). In fact, the admins do not
want to "expose" anything, they only need to create (or allow the
existing) an application as is described on that page and give you the
Application ID. Everything is described on that page. Creating their
own application ID gives them full control on the data being used by
the application, by providing their own Application ID.

I have tried to get that access earlier at a few occasions as well as
answers on what the tenant-ID is, but to no avail.
From time to time, I get the feeling that "non-standard" mailers like
Evolution Mail gets across as "dangerous" by the presumably Windows-centric
mail admins at the central IT-dep't... :-/

Will try again. Thanks for the confirmation though.

I feel OAuth2 is rather cumbersome with Evolution, unfortunately.

If it's not clear from the Wiki page, the cumbersomeness is caused by
the Exchange settings, not by the application (Evolution) here. They
make it rather complicated to setup for the EWS protocol. I just want
to be fair.

You are right of course. I didn't quite think that through all the way.
Apologies.

--

Sorin Srbu, Serverdrift
Karolinska Institutet Universitetsbibliotek