Re: [Evolution] Evolution Scheduling Issue.

On Wed, 2020-12-16 at 13:48 -0500, James Toebes wrote:
I am using Evolution to schedule calendar events.
         Fedora 33
         Evolution 3.38.2 (3.38.2-1.fc33)
         DavMail
         EWS

        Hi,
do you use evolution-ews or EWS through DavMail? I ask, because it
makes a big difference. The evolution-ews talks to the Exchange server
directly. It had an off-by-one hour error(s) too, the 3.38.2 should
contain all the current changes in this regard.

When they are received by a person using Outlook,  The time is being
shifted off by an hour.  Goggling shows this to be related to the
Timezone in the invite.

Right, it can be due to the time zone. I suppose your example:

     TZID=3DAmerica/New_York:20201216T100000

reflects the expected time, at 10AM of the America/New_York time zone,
right? If yes, I'm afraid the Exchange server doesn't like "expanded"
timezone definition. Some servers do that. There used to be an option
in libical to "not use exact timezones", but it's gone for some time
now.

The evolution-ews doesn't pass libical timezones into the server, thus
maybe give it a try, if it's not used by you yet.
        Bye,
        Milan