Re: [Evolution] Evolution new message or reply opens beneath all other open windows

On Wed, 2021-08-25 at 19:40 +0200, Ralf Mardorf via evolution-list
wrote:
On Wed, 2021-08-25 at 17:24 +0100, R. Bosek via evolution-list wrote:
I am using #evolution on a daily basis now and I don't get why all
other programs open new windows at the top but Evolution opens new
message or reply/reply all message underneath all other windows.
How
can I fix it ?

Hi,

this never happened to me running Evolution in an openbox session. I
heard that GIMP and Ardour suffered from this and maybe they still
do,
due to something odd KDE related. So if you should use KDE, try using
another desktop environment, window manager or google for probably
available workarounds.

I've used Evolution on KDE for over 15 years and have never seen it do
this. However some desktop environments (note: *not* window managers)
might have an application-specific setting with this behaviour.

poc