Re: [Evolution] Reply often loses a chunk of the mail trail

--
Louis van Dyk

Principal Systems Engineer

106 Park Drive
Central, Port Elizabeth

T: +27 (0) 41 397 6135
F: +27 (0) 86 665 0918
C: +27 (0) 65 999 1983

On Wed, 2021-04-21 at 12:19 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Wed, 2021-04-21 at 11:47 +0200, Louis van Dyk wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I'm running evolution-3.38.4-1.fc33.x86_64 on Fedora 33.
> >
> > A few times when I reply to a mail thread, I've noticed that the
> > mail
> > trail is dropped, keeping only one or two messages from it. In the
> > past I'd never seen this happen (i.e. the Fedora 32 days).
>
> What is a "mail trail"?
>
> poc

Must be local slang, I guess. The mail trail is all the previous
messages and replies. e.g. I send to A, B, C and D. A replies to all,
and then B replies on that message to all, and then C replies of B's
message to all. So then we have my message at the bottom, A's reply
above that, B's reply above that, and the the most recent message from
C at the top. The messages are in "Outlook Style" and in HTML.

LvD

This e-mail and its contents are subject to the Business Connexion (Pty) Ltd. E-mail legal notice. https://www.bcx.co.za/disclaimers

bcxdisc