[Evolution] Failed to issue notify - error

Dear all,

I have been using evolution on mostly Fedora in the research institute I work for about 11 years now. Today the institute has officially changed its name, as well as email servers and all that kind of thing. Also today evolution stopped working properly. When I log in I get this error message:

Failed to connect account “lucas merckelbach hereon de”.

The reported error was “Failed to issue NOTIFY: NOTIFY not supported for these mailboxes (0.001 + 0.000 secs).”.

I am convinced that IT messed things up, but, because they support windows only, they don't give my problem a second's thought. I have no clue what is the issue here, and an extensive search on the web has returned nothing. Would someone be able to explain what this message means, and what might have caused it?

My version of evolution is 3.38.4 (3.38.4-1.fc33)

Many thanks in advance,

Lucas

Bitte beachten Sie: Die Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht - Zentrum für Material- und Küstenforschung GmbH hat sich am
31.03.2021 in Helmholtz-Zentrum hereon GmbH umbenannt. Informationen dazu finden Sie unter www.hereon.de/name
<https://www.hereon.de/name>

Please note: Since the 31st of March 2021 the Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht – Center for Materials and Coastal
Research has a new name: Helmholtz-Zentrum hereon GmbH. More information www.hereon.de/name
<https://www.hereon.de/name>

Helmholtz-Zentrum hereon GmbH
Max-Planck-Straße 1 I 21502 Geesthacht I Deutschland/Germany

Geschäftsführung I Board of Management: Prof. Dr. Matthias Rehahn, Silke Simon
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates I Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Ministerialdirigent Engelbert Beyer
Amtsgericht Lübeck HRB 285 GE (Register Court)
Internet: www.hereon.de <https://www.hereon.de>